We're back in Saltspring. It took us a week but we're finally home. I'll update about that later.
It's been almost a month since we lost Bodhi. It was sudden and quite a shock. We miss him dearly but are adjusting. It's so quiet around here with no dogs to take care of. I'm not ready for another dog just yet but there is a definite emptiness. He was a good dog, a foundling that nobody wanted. We loved him and he was a great family pet.
I like to think that he is with Phoebe and they are having fun together. I miss my puppies.
A poem to say what I cannot:
Don't think of him as gone away
His journey's just begun;
Life holds so many facets
This earth is only one.Think of him as resting
From the sorrows and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days and years.Think how he must be wishing
That we could know today,
How nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away.And think of him as living
In the hearts of those he touched....
For nothing loved is ever lost
And he was loved so very much. - Ellen Brenneman
Thanks to all who sent love and prayers. It meant a lot.